How to get your website at the top of Google
- Google Business – register your company with Google Business. Having a listing here will increase your visibility on Google and show a map of your location helping local businesses find you.
- Search Engines – register your business with Google, Yahoo and Bing by typing in the search ‘webmaster tools’ and following the instructions.
- Create a Sitemap – create an XML sitemap of your website. Once completed this should be submitted to Google, Yahoo and Bing as this allows search engines to recognise the content on your website.
- Google + – is a social networking site by Google and is becoming very popular. If you haven’t already you should create a business page and starting using Google + as you would Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Social Media Sites – creating company business pages on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google + will increase your target audience.
- Create a Google Analytics account so you can track how your website is performing on Google and other sites. It might be Twitter works well for you or a recent press release you have posted out had the most traffic. Whichever platform has worked well, spend more time on those sites.
- Create a Google Webmaster Tools account which will help you to optimise the visibility of your site and check for updates and errors like broken links.
- Website content – ensure all your website pages are unique, and the content is not duplicated across your website or taken from any other websites. Your website pages should contain at least 400 words per page and include keywords related to your business.
- Website SEO Plug in – on your CMS you should have installed an SEO plug in which will give you the option to include Meta Titles, Title Tags and Descriptions to all of your pages. This should be a short description of content that is relevant to that page and include keywords that potential clients might type into search engines to find your business.
- Website links – your website pages should contain internal links directing users around your website.
- Write blogs – you should continually add and update content to your website and creating a blog facility is a great way to do this. You can also post links to your blogs across all your social media sites.
- Write press releases – press releases can not only be used for media purposes but are also a great way of increasing SEO. These can be posted on your website and also on external press release sites such as PR Log.
- Link exchange – exchange web links with other companies who have some relevance to your business. Do you partner with other companies or work closely with others who have a great web presence? Add a section to your website which allows you to recommend other companies and get them to do the same. Having relevant external links that link back to your website increases your chances of ranking higher on search engines.
- Online directories – there are so many well-known business directories out there that allow you to list your company information for free. Take advantage of these and your company will have a greater web presence.
The list is endless so to find out more about how to get your website at the top of Google please contact Outsource PA Services on 07399 057583 or email email@example.com