Facebook adverts appear on a Facebook users news feed or right column of Facebook and allows businesses to promote custom ads or content targeting to their chosen audience. The adverts can come in various shapes and sizes, with text, pictures, offers and links.
Facebook ads are important to brands because of the extra reach, exposure, and targeting options.
When you advertise on Facebook, you’ll gain important insights into your current and potential customers
Are you a business looking to sell your services or products locally? Do you want to rank higher on Google for local search terms and increase visits to your website or online store?
As Google prioritizes local listings and puts them at the top of the search engine results page (SERP), it’s an excellent way to gain visibility.
If you are marketing to a local audience, here are my 8 top tips on how to increase your visibility on Google for local searches:
- Optimise your website for local search – Include the location you want to rank for in the keywords of any relevant pages and ensure you add the location to your page title fields and Meta Descriptions.
- Create local landing pages on your website – ensure you use all the right keywords and key phrases within the content and not to forget the location you want to be found for. I.e. Finance Recruitment Company in High Wycombe. Include relevant information about the location to boost your search results i.e. a recruitment company might want to mention the status of the current job market in High Wycombe.
- Create a Google My Business profile – Google My Business gets you in front of your local customers whether people are looking for you on Google Search or Maps. It’s important your profile has been verified and completed so you are more than likely to appear in results.
- Get online reviews – Reviews are becoming the “must-have” in 2017 for all companies. Ensure your products are listed on all the major review sites — Yelp, TripAdvisor, OpenTable and Amazon. Google reviews are also important as these help your Google My Business page to rank higher than your competitors.
- Explore social media tools – Social networks aren’t always the first thing companies think while building local marketing strategies. Companies should think seriously about investing in Facebook Advertising – if you’re a company selling products and/or services and your target market is between 25-34, Facebook is the ideal tool for reaching your audience within a specific location. Restaurants, bars and shops, for example, might consider listing on Foursquare, a free location-based mobile app that uses global positioning data
- Submit your company details to local directories – Make sure you complete the description of your company and add your website link (this is important to build your backlinks) Choose high ranking directories like Yell, Free Index and Thomson.
- Guest blog in local community blogs or local newspaper websites- Find relevant blogs and publications where you can write about your products. This is a great way to get quality back links and gain exposure locally.
- Make the most of local backlinks – Add your company details to your local chamber of commerce members directory, explore opportunities for further backlinks i.e. from your local Business partners’ websites or customer websites.
If you’re a local
LinkedIn is responsible for more than 80% of a business’s social media leads so you’d be a fool not to use LinkedIn as part of your marketing strategy in 2017.
Why use LinkedIn?
- Increase your brand presence by posting and engaging with your connections
- Showing off your expertise, skills, and knowledge to others in your industry or to those who might need your services
- Keep up to date with your connections movements i.e. have they moved to another company? Should you be reaching out to them and also to the company they have moved from?
- Remain connected and continue to engage with your clients, prospects and partners, especially if the relationship goes quiet, LinkedIn is a great tool for prompting
- Target prospects
- Increase SEO
How can you use LinkedIn effectively?
Make the most of your profile – Does your profile sell you and your services in the best way? Do you have a header image? Have you included all your contact details and other social media links, is your
Twitter has struggled to grow its users in the last few years and is currently carrying out surveys to “assess interest” in the idea.
Paying members would get access to an enhanced version of Tweetdeck, Twitter’s interface that offers more functionality than Twitter.com like auto posting and
The social media world is a fascinating one. Every now and then a new social media platform or tool emerges to capture our attention. We’ve provided some useful tools and social media platforms you shouldn’t ignore. Some have been around for a while and others are just coming into the limelight.
Find out how your business is performing on Instagram with this free analytics tool by Simply Measured.
Snapchat, quite simply is a FREE mobile application which is used to share pictures, videos, text and drawings.
Snapchat is a fun tool and with the platform’s variety of tools and features you can add filters, geofilters, text, emojis, music and much more, all from within the platform.
But on a more serious note, with Snapchat, you can increase community engagement and brand awareness through innovative marketing campaigns.
It is by far one of the most valuable startups
In the news this week Twitter is making a number of changes over the next few months to Tweets in a bid to “simplify” its product, allowing users to express themselves with more room in 140-character Tweets.
These changes are expected to be rolled out globally over the coming months, and will include:
• Media attachments, including photos and videos, will no longer count toward the character limit • @names in replies to Tweets will be removed from the count<br
Include social media icons (with links) to all your accounts on the home page of your website Include a social share button to your website pages, blog and news section on your website so they can be shared on your visitors social media accounts or they can be emailed
Now is a good time to take a look at Twitter’s security and privacy settings and find out what they really mean, and how you can tighten them up.
First of all, all privacy settings can be found at twitter.com underneath your logo, then click settings.
Here you can find a number of tools and resources to ensure you can control what you see on Twitter. There are three important ones that we want to focus on to let you control your experience:
Mute offers you the control to avoid people whose
I have to start by saying that I hate the phrase “sales journey” – it’s so American (with apologies to Americans reading this!) and so contrived, but actually you can waft through your business life hoping to attract customers, or you can address that issue in an organised and constructive manner; dare I say in a contrived way.
For almost every business, the sales journey starts with Know, moves on to Like and concludes with Trust.
When was the last time someone randomly made contact