Monthly Archives: April 2017
Facebook adverts appear on a Facebook users news feed or right column of Facebook and allows businesses to promote custom ads or content targeting to their chosen audience. The adverts can come in various shapes and sizes, with text, pictures, offers and links.
Facebook ads are important to brands because of the extra reach, exposure, and targeting options.
When you advertise on Facebook, you’ll gain important insights into your current and potential customers.
Are you a business looking to sell your services or products locally? Do you want to rank higher on Google for local search terms and increase visits to your website or online store?
As Google prioritizes local listings and puts them at the top of the search engine results page (SERP), it’s an excellent way to gain visibility.
If you are marketing to a local audience, here are my 8 top tips on how to increase your visibility on Google for local searches:
- Optimise your website for local search – Include the location you want to rank for in the keywords of any relevant pages and ensure you add the location to your page title fields and Meta Descriptions.
- Create local landing pages on your website – ensure you use all the right keywords and key phrases within the content and not to forget the location you want to be found for. I.e. Finance Recruitment Company in High Wycombe. Include relevant information about the location to boost your search results i.e. a recruitment company might want to mention the status of the current job market in High Wycombe.
- Create a Google My Business profile – Google My Business gets you in front of your local customers whether people are looking for you on Google Search or Maps. It’s important your profile has been verified and completed so you are more than likely to appear in results.
- Get online reviews – Reviews are becoming the “must-have” in 2017 for all companies. Ensure your products are listed on all the major review sites — Yelp, TripAdvisor, OpenTable and Amazon. Google reviews are also important as these help your Google My Business page to rank higher than your competitors.
- Explore social media tools – Social networks aren’t always the first thing companies think while building local marketing strategies. Companies should think seriously about investing in Facebook Advertising – if you’re a company selling products and/or services and your target market is between 25-34, Facebook is the ideal tool for reaching your audience within a specific location. Restaurants, bars and shops, for example, might consider listing on Foursquare, a free location-based mobile app that uses global positioning data
- Submit your company details to local directories – Make sure you complete the description of your company and add your website link (this is important to build your backlinks) Choose high ranking directories like Yell, Free Index and Thomson.
- Guest blog in local community blogs or local newspaper websites- Find relevant blogs and publications where you can write about your products. This is a great way to get quality back links and gain exposure locally.
- Make the most of local backlinks – Add your company details to your local chamber of commerce members directory, explore opportunities for further backlinks i.e. from your local Business partners’ websites or customer websites.
If you’re a local